We met at LRT Cubao-Gateway Station at around 10:30 AM. After eating a light snack, we set off for Quiapo. Our first stop—the world of beads, Welmanson Store. This store can be found along Villalobos St. (the street at the back of Quiapo Church). Being inside this store was a lot of fun. Our eyes feasted on a number of raw materials for accessories. They have a wide range of raw materials: from crystal beads to swarovski, rhinestones to semi precious stones, synthetic pearls to fresh water pearls, and all sort of things. We spent more than hour, I guess, inside this store and I got myself the materials I would use for my wedding cord. Too bad I was not able to find the material I would use as the center medallion for the rosary cord I am planning to do. Chel, on the other hand, got a couple of accessories for her personal use and some beads she’ll use as accents for her kissing bells.
We then went to the street parallel to Villalobos St. where we found a number of native products being sold. We were looking for capis candle light holders that she will hang on twigs to be used as church decorations. We found a number designs and tried to haggle it down but in the end it’s still too pricey. We then decided to proceed to Divisoria, also known as Divilandia.
We took a motorized-pedicab as it is scorching hot that day. We alighted at Divisoria Mall where we grabbed lunch at Jollibee which amazingly is situated in a quite tight and not too noticeable area. After lunch, out we go to the street of Tabora. We got bells from Morning Glory store for our kissing bells and some lace for my unity candles and finally got the hanging candle holder Chel needs for her church décor in one of the stalls on the street. We also bought a couple of yantok which we will use for another DIY project of Chel and saw some interesting stuffs. We also searched for the material I can use as the center medallion in a number of stores to no avail.
Chel and I, on our way to Divilandia
At 5 PM, we called it a day and decided to go home. We’re still missing a few items for our DIY’s but that is okay as we could always go back and have another day in the world of beads and divilandia. =)
I’ll have our DIYs posted here soon! =)


No comments:
Post a Comment