10-10-10, while others chose this day to be their wedding day, we had our “Pamamanhikan” scheduled on this day. Actually, ours is just a formality. It’s more of a formal meeting of the two families. Because if it were a traditional pamamanhikan, all of the wedding details would only be discussed at this time. Details like what date? Where would it be? Who takes charge of what? How many guests? Etc…
But since we already have everything set and planned, it was just right that we let our family meet formally before our wedding. Because in the four years that Ryan and I have been together, our families have never formally met until yesterday. Having said that, I was really nervous and anxious yesterday because I did not know how everything will turn out. If all will be okay? Or what will Ryan’s family think of my family? Or will my Ate stir up any unlikely scenarios again and humiliate me? Who will come on his side? I was thinking of a lot of things (again, because I was worried and thinking of a lot of things I forgot to take pictures of our families being together.)
I threw a fit before Ryan’s family arrived because my Kuya and his wife were still not in the house. I was crying and threw my mobile phone as I really want them to be there (parang bata lang di ba..ehehehe). I felt alone and desperate when Kuya was not yet at home and Ryan’s family was already on their way to our house. Good thing they arrived before Ryan’s family did. After which, everything went well naman. It’s a good thing that my brother brought my niece, Ichi and Ryan’s cousin brought his son. Having adorable kids during pamamanhikan lightened the mood and eased the tension.
Ryan’s family brought a box of sweets, Lasagna, Pancit canton and Roasted Chicken. Everyone is enjoying the Kare-Kare, Hamonado, Relyenong Bangus and Maja Blanca that Mama made. Ryan bragged to his aunt and cousins that I made the puto that they were eating which they all enjoyed and said was delicious. Naks at least I know that I can cook something edible. ehehehe =D
After the feast, mama & daddy sat in our living area, in front of Ryan’s mom, two aunts and uncle. We were sitting at the middle. I thought, eto na ‘yon. Papangaralan na kame ng bonggang bongga. I felt relieved when it was not a lengthy one. They just spoke briefly and my dad cracked a few jokes. Mama shared with everyone that before Ryan courted me, he asked for permission from my mom to do so. And I was like, for real? He did that? It was the first time I heard of it and I felt happy and touched after hearing it. =D
His family left after a couple more hours and that made us officially engaged and soon to be married!
Tips for those who are still planning their "pamamanhikan", have some kids during the event. Since little children, especially cute ones, draw attention and lighten the mood. Also, prepare and bring some good food. Just be ready for the pangangaral portion and know when to answer and what is the right answer. =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment