Earlier this afternoon, I had my first fitting with Joe. For the first time after Joe took my measurements, I finally saw how my gown would look like. We’ll sort of, because it’s not yet finished. =D Beadworks still need to be placed. The layered fabrics of the skirt need to be sewn still as well as the design of the bodice. But even so, I found it beautiful already and I know it will be once it all done. =D
My mom, being a dressmaker herself, examined the dress and was pretty satisfied. The cut is right and all stitches are sewn well. She loves the craftsmanship and the way my dress fits me. Well that’s a big relief! Because I know she’s skeptical with the designer that I chose because she never had seen any of her works and she wanted a different person to do my gown. But now that she has seen it, she knows I’m in good hands with Joe. She adores her actually, because she’s very bubbly and has a pleasing personality. She didn’t feel awkward with her at all. And as for me, I absolutely love my gown and satisfied with its fit. I felt like a little kid swaying and twisting around so that my skirt would move. I was happy and adoring my gown.
Though, my first fitting seems to be a normal and breezy day, it was actually a stressful day. So stressful, that I forgot to take even a single picture of my fitting.
First, my soon to be mother-in-law and Ryan’s aunts forbid me to fit the gown because of the superstition that if the bride fits her gown, it will bring bad luck or misfortune to her and to her groom. It took a number of explanations and negotiations to convince them that I need to fit the gown. I was ready to cry then because I am already excited to fit my gown but then I am being forbidden to fit it.
Second, my mom threw some tantrums after I changed the plans on where and how we would meet to go to Joe’s shop for the fitting. Believe me, she literally threw a fit that day, and made me crazy, and made want to cry even more. Waaaaahh!
I thought the drama and stress ends there, but lo and behold, there’s another stressful moment. On the way to Joe’s shop, I had my period. Gosh! Of all the days to get my period! Good thing I am prepared.
Hayy…At least the day is finished and I was able to fit my gown. Whew! Can't wait for next fitting =D I'll make sure I'll pictures by then. =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow, that's exciting already! Hope the gown turns out to be as beautiful, or more, than you expect it to be. I never had the chance to fit my own gown before the big day, but luckily, it turned out ok for me.
ReplyDeletehope to see some pictures soon =)
ReplyDelete