Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And the wedding preps begins… (Choosing the date)

At first, I thought we will have the wedding by 2011 since we still have to wait until his youngest sister to graduate from college before we could start preparing. One time, while having snacks in Wendy’s, he asked me if the couturier that made my sister-in-law’s wedding gown would also be doing my gown. I said, “Siguro…” Then he said we should start planning and looking for suppliers na. I was shocked and happy kasi I didn’t expected that he’ll take the initiative to start planning. I asked him when he would want to get married. December daw….Ok….What date in December? I gave him random dates in December, and December 22, 2010 is one of them. After a week or so, he just said “December 22 na lang tayo magpakasal”. I ask him why. Basta lang daw. Ok daw kasi yung date since its near Christmas vacation and we already have gotten our bonuses by then. I’m not so convinced on the date since I’m eyeing on Dec 20, 2010.

One day, my friend and I went to Quiapo to get quotations for invitations since I am drafting our budget. We also had a chance to visit a Feng Shui master so I can consult them for an auspicious date for our wedding. The Feng Shui master told us, that Dec 11 and Dec 25 are the lucky dates for us. I asked if Dec 20 is ok. He automatically said NO. Then I asked how about Dec 22, he said that although it is not the luckier date for us, it is still the favorable date for us. (ok..talo ung Dec 20 ko). He also told me and my friend that we should avoid the color violet or purple ‘cause it will bring bad luck to us. So for my guests no color shades of violet please. Sorry Mai, I know you love purple. =)

 A week after my Quiapo escapade, Ryan and I went to scout for a church. His top choice, Christ the King in Greenmeadows. We asked the parish officer, Ms Lily, for the dates that are still available. Dec 11, and all the weekend dates for 2010, are already booked. I asked for Dec 20 (hindi ko pa rin gini-give up ung Dec 20 ehehehe) Booked na din! We asked for Dec 22. It’s still available and all time slots are still free. Its one of the few remaining dates of December that still have available slots (Para talagang sinadya na Dec 22 lang choice namen). We contemplated for a few moments if we will book the date or not. Finally he said, “Sige na. I-book na naten.”

So there, the date has been chosen....

DECEMBER 22, 2010, in front of all of our families and friends, we will be saying our I DOs. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment