Monday, February 15, 2010

A trip to Coron













Just two weeks after the typhoon Ondoy, Ryan and I, together with four of our friends, went to Coron, Palawan. I was a bit hesitant in pushing through with the plans because of the recent typhoon, but with the plane tickets and reservations already paid, I just said “Go na. Bahala na si batman.”


Day 1 – The adventure begins

Left the Manila International Airport at 9:45 AM and landed in Busuanga International Airport at 10:45 AM. It was a bit of a long drive going to the town of Coron but the scenery along the way is just plain beautiful that you won’t mind seating in the van for a 45 min drive. We arrived at Mt Tapyas Hotel a few minutes before 12 noon. Since we no longer have time to go island hopping, we opted to tour the town, going up the 724 steps of Mt. Tapyas (super nakakapagod to and masakit sa tuhod to promise) and taking a dip in the Maquinit Hotsprings ( the only salt water hotspring I’ve been to)

...Town Tour....Coron Day 1...

Day 2 – Enjoying the sea and the rain


I thought day 2 wouldn’t be as tiring as day 1. But I was dead wrong about it. Our first stop…Siete Picados. We enjoyed snorkeling and fooling around with a bit of a drizzle of rain. Went to another stop (which I have forgotten the name) before going to Cayangan Lake. This lake is just awesome and so peaceful but getting here is a bit of a challenge. We have to go up and down through uneven make-shift steps to reach this place. The drizzling rain added extra challenge in climbing and going down as the steps are slippery (Another reason para sumakit ang mga binti namen =) ) After the trip to Cayangan lake, we went to 91 beach to have lunch and enjoy snorkeling by the beach then off to the sunken ship spots (snorkeling within this area gives me the creeps as I can imagine ghostly figures coming out of those old and beaten WWII ships…hahahaha…adik lang). Our last stop was the twin lagoon, where we enjoyed viewing the rock formation while all six of us are riding a bamboo raft being maneuvered by our guide.


...fun in the sea..Coron day 2...

Day 3 – a less tiring day

By this time super sakit na ng leg muscles ko because of the activities from the last two days. I even put salonpas strips on my lower legs to ease the pain. But it’s not only me who’s legs are aching from the previous activities. Pati si Ryan. He can barely lift his legs when getting in to the van (my poor baby). Another challenge was presented before us in getting to the dock where the boat was waiting to bring us to the Calauit Island Reserve. The steps were not steep and but it was all muddy and slippery that you have to use all of your leg muscles to balance your way down and up (Super kawawa yung baby ko kasi among all of us sya yung pinakamasakit na ung mga binti). After a few more minutes, we reached the Calauit Island reserve, fed the giraffes, seen some zebras up close, took some funny shots, joked around and played around. After which, we went back to the hotel and went to the town to buy some souvenirs for our families and friends back home.


...in the wild...Coron Day 3 (kita nyo ung salonpas sa binti ko and friend kong naninira ng nature..hehehe..)

Last Dinner at Coron – a pleasant suprise

After the trip to Calauit, we had a short rest at the hotel and then I schemed with my friends, Jojo and Froi, to have a surprise cake prepared for us during dinner. It was our 3rd year anniversary. Little did I know that he was also scheming with Jigs for a surprise for me, using Ces’ birthday as an excuse (coincidentally it’s also Ces birthday). Come dinner time, we had a full meal and enjoyed each course in the meal. Then Ryan asked if we wanted some dessert, then came a

waiter with three bowls of chocolate ice cream. I signaled my friend to queue the waiter to bring out the cake we prepared for our anniversary. We blew our anniversary cake and time to eat my ice cream. = ) It was only then when I noticed the ring on top of one of the ice cream bowl. (Kaya pala nung parang mali ang kinuha ko ino-offer nya agad sa iba ung kinuha ko kasi wala dun yung ring. I was just too busy signaling my friend to have the cake brought out kaya hindi ko napansin agad). I didn’t know how to react. I was happy of course and kilig pero it is not a romantic proposal. It’s a funny one actually kasi when he’s about to kneel he stopped and cursed ‘cause his legs are really killing the hell out of him. =) and while popping the question he had his hands on my shoulder and rocking me back and forth. Parang “kinukuyog” ung dating. He was so nervous then siguro that he did not notice that he’s actually doing it. Until now he’s denying that he did it that way. Hahahaha… I said YES of course (kahit na “kinukuyog” nya ako while proposing…ehehehe) and so on October 15, 2010, we became engaged. The realization that I am already engaged didn’t sink in to me until the next day after, it was only then that I realized that I will soon be MRS. RYAN PAUL HUNG. =)


...I am now soon to be MRS. RYAN PAUL HUNG...(kita nyo ung ring sa ice cream???)..


1 comment: